Three Choices for President
Dennis Stock – Candidate for president
I’m Dennis Stock and I’m asking for your endorsement as President of CUPE Local 718. During this last term we negotiated an excellent collective agreement, settled many outstanding issues and grievances, and expanded our Steward network.
If re-elected, I promise to continue to ensure the membership receives fast response times, quality representation, and consistent advice. We will continue expanding on our excellent working relationships with CUPE National staff, CUPE Local 394, the CUPE BC Executive, the National President and other CUPE Locals across the region.
Together, the other Officers and I form a cohesive team that provide excellent representation and support for the membership of CUPE Local 718. I hope that you will continue to support me as President.
• Current full-time President of CUPE Local 718 since 2014
• 8 rounds of negotiating experience
• Dozens of grievances handled and settled
• Secretary-Treasurer of CUPE Local 718 from 1994 to 2014
• Supervisor of Survey and member of CUPE Local 718 since 1990
• Financial Officer training member-facilitator 2013 to present
• Proud husband and Dad of two girls, ages 13 and 7
Dal Benning – Candidate for president
With your support, I will work towards:
• Wages that keep up with inflation
• Better job security & benefits for all Members
• An LTD Plan that benefits our Membership
• Resolving outstanding JEs & grievances within three months of election results
• 7 years as Vice President including 2 successful rounds of bargaining
• Only candidate who has successfully presented to Council to keep work in-house
• Successfully resolved many grievances, including return from a dismissal
• 6 years on the Provincial CUPE Executive Board
Putting You First
Respond to enquiries within 24 hours, visit worksites & with your support modernize our Local Union
Marianne Thomas – Candidate for president
Since being elected as the CUPE 718 Secretary Treasurer in 2015, Marianne redesigned and enhanced the financial statements for full transparency and readability for all members.
Marianne vigilantly bargained for CUPE member rights on the 2016 – 2019 Collective Agreement and is committed to ensuring CUPE members rights are secure.
Marianne is passionately seeking to champion a disability plan and improve member benefit plans for all CUPE members.
As President, Marianne will continue to instill collaboration and participation with new and existing CUPE members to ensure all voices are represented.
Two Choices for Recording Secretary
Raman Johal – Candidate for Recording Secretary
• CUPE member since 1999
• Recording Secretary since Feb 2018
• Support Membership
• Your Liaison with Management
• Involved with Labour Management Team
• Attended 2018 CUPE BC Convention
• Will be attending CUPE Training courses
Rosalina Culzoni – Candidate for Recording Secretary
Active Shop Steward since 2014. Received local Shop Steward training. Represented our local in the Western CUPE conference. Provided Union support to multiple members via one on one meetings, representing members in disciplinary meetings and advocates for members to Management.
Long term commitment to strengthen our local, continue our strong platform in CUPE Metro, CUPE BC and CUPE National, and most importantly giving members a voice and let each one feel heard.
Your support is appreciated! Remember… VOTING MATTERS!